School of Nursing
Trinity Health System School of Nursing was originally founded in 1912 as The Ohio Valley Hospital School of Nursing. Previously known as the Training School for Women Nurses, the School graduated its first class of three nurses in 1915. The School was renamed the Trinity Health System School of Nursing in 1996 with the affiliation between Ohio Valley Hospital and St. John Medical Center. Throughout the School's history, over 2000 nurses have been awarded the distinctive pin of the Ohio Valley Hospital/Trinity Health System School of Nursing. The School has consistently maintained a distinguished record of achievement in education and in meeting the healthcare needs of the community.
Trinity Health System is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio and part of Sylvania Franciscan Health System. The Board of Trustees of Trinity Health System is the governing body of the Trinity Medical Centers East and West, subsidiary organizations and affiliated operations. The School of Nursing is a department of Trinity Medical Center East.