The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department at Trinity provides outpatient services to patients managing heart and lung diseases. Patient services include:
- Receive an individualized exercise prescription based on your individual needs, medical condition and physical ability.
- Participate in supervised exercise sessions with a group of other participants who have similar conditions.
- Learn how to continue exercising safely at home on your own after you complete the program.
- Learn what you can do to live healthier and reduce your cardiopulmonary risk factors.
- Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms that need medical attention.
- Understand more about the medications you have been prescribed.
- Develop a personal plan that promotes independence and healthier living.
- Have health professional available to listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
- Include your family in the group education sessions.
- Gain opportunities to share concerns and receive support from other patients and families who may be experiencing similar health conditions.
A physician referral is required. Services are physician-directed and provided by a team of health professionals including registered nurses, respiratory therapists and exercise physiologists.
You may be eligible to participate in cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation if you have one of the following conditions:
Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
Percutaneous coronary intervention (angioplasty/stenting)
Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
Heart Valve repair or replacement
Congestive Heart Failure
Stable angina pectoris
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Pulmonary Fibrosis/interstitial lung disease
MEDICAL INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT
Payment for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services depends on your individual medical insurance policy. Most insurances’ cover a portion if not all of the sessions. You may be responsible for the deductible or co-pay. Once you have made the appointment for your initial visit, we will begin the process of verifying your coverage.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information about Trinity’s Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation services, call (740) 264-8098 Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm.