Dr. Desai Patient Care Pathways
Heartburn Patient Care Pathway
• Heartburn is pain experienced from acid reflux of the esophagus.
• There are conservative and aggressive pathways.
• Trinity Health System perform endoscopies, EGD Bravo, upper GI series, 24 hr. impedance studies, and esophageal manometries.
Motility Patient Care Pathway
• Fecal incontinence is the inability to control bowel movements, causing stool (feces) to leak unexpectedly from the rectum.
• Patient history and physical determines direction of the pathway.
• Trinity Health System performs endoscopies, anal rectal manometries, and hydrogen breath tests.
• Motility patient care pathway now includes evaluation for sacral stimulator implantation.
'Healthier Me' Program
• 'Healthier Me' is a weight-loss program designed to work with patients on a physical and psychological level.
• In partnership with the YMCA, patients receive 12 sessions at the YMCA for free.
• Patients have same-day consultations with an in-office Trinity dietitian.
• We provide a monthly support group sponsored by our nurse practitioner, Michele Swan.
Hepatitis C Patient Care Pathway
• Hepatitis C (Hep C) is an infection caused by a virus that attacks the liver and leads to inflammation and chronic liver disease.
• Hep C can be diagnosed by performing the following tests: labs, liver fibro scan, and liver biopsy.
• Health care providers are currently screening all patients born between 1945-1965.
For more about Dr. Desai, click here.